This Caramel Oreo Dream Dessert is a great light and creamy layered dessert. It is very easy, no bake, and no fail! Perfect for potlucks and family gatherings.
This is one dessert that I love no matter how the person makes it. I prefer it with caramel and Oreos, of course, but the dream dessert can be made any way the maker sees fit.
I remember my first time trying a dream dessert was at a church event at my pastor’s home. I was only in middle school, so this dessert didn’t really visually appeal to me at the time but I scooped a little on my plate like I always did just to taste it. When I did, OH, there was no turning back!!!!
That one was a bit different and had a more typical crust and didn’t have caramel but anyhow, I was IN LOVE!!!!! Ever since that day, I had to have a heeping spoonful (maybe 3) at every event. I even begged my mom to ask for the recipe so we could make it at home.
I don’t know what it is but I absolutely adore desserts that have puddings and crust in them and this was one of the first ones that I’ve tried. Instead of making the traditional one, I decided to create one with my favorite flavor combinations. Oreos, chocolate, caramel, and pecans make anything taste better, in my opinion.
Never heard of caramel condensed milk? Neither have I before this year when I saw it at our local grocery store. I’m not sure how long this will stay in stores but if you can’t find it, use regular condensed milk and 2 table spoons of caramel topping.
What you see here is how I usually serve it at a get together but when making it for my family, I use the whole can of condensed milk and I add an extra cup of pecans. When I say I love pecans, I am not joking. 🙂 I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 pkg Oreos (crushed)
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 5.9 oz box chocolate fudge pudding (not cook and serve)
- 2 cup cold milk
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup caramel condensed milk
- 8 oz cool whip (almost room temperature)
- caramel topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish or pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together crushed Oreos and melted butter. Press Oreo mixture into the bottom of the pan making sure that the crust is evenly spread.
- In a medium bowl, beat together pudding mix and cold milk for approximately 5 minutes. Pour over crust and spread with a spatula until even.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth, then add caramel condensed milk and beat for approximately 1 minute. Pour over pudding mixture and spread with spatula until even.
- Take cool whip, and spread over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Top with caramel topping and pecans. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and serve cold.
- I prefer the whole can of caramel condensed milk but it does make the dessert messier. I also add 1 1/2 cups of pecans because I LOVE pecans but when serving at an event, I make it like instructed above.