When it comes to cookies, I can never get enough. For Valentine’s Day this year I decided to make these delicious cherry and white chocolate chip cookies for not only my husband and I, but for our son. These were a joy to make and lets not forget how cute they are.
These are great cookies for love, being that they are red and white!
Although cookies aren’t considered romantic, I believe these cookies are as close to romantic as a cookie can get. What are some of your favorite romantic desserts?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries (chopped and patted dry)
- 2/3 cup white chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Slowly beat in dry ingredients to cookie dough until all is incorporated. Mix in cherries and white chocolate.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out cookie dough. Place dough balls on plate and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove dough balls from freezer and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Once cookies are done, allow to sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.