Let’s be realistic, bark is one of the easiest things to make for a party, or for gifts, and it looks like you did so much more. With bark, the variations are endless. You can use white, dark, or milk chocolate and you can use nuts, candies, and cookies as toppings.
To celebrate the new year, I decided to add pop rocks to my bark. I chose watermelon and cotton candy flavored pop rocks and to add extra color, I swirled in lime green and pink melted candy melts.
This bark took my husband and son by surprise. I neglected to tell them about the pop rock candy that was on the top so when they each took a bite, there was an unexpected series of explosions in their mouths.
So simple, yet so tasty, I will be making these again for the Fourth of July in red, white, and blue.
- 1 12oz pkg white chocolate morsels
- 2 pkgs pop rocks
- different colored candy melts (optional)
- Line an 8x8 or 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate for 30 seconds. Remove and stir with a scrapper. Return to microwave and, in 15 second intervals, heat and stir until completely melted. Pour into baking dish and spread the chocolate as thin as desired.
- If adding color, melt a few disks of colored candy melts and drop a little over the white chocolate. Take a toothpick or a knife tip and swirl together. Top off with pop rocks and let harden.
- Once hard, break bark into random sizes. Serve on platter or put in treat bags to give away to friends.
- Be creative with the colors and pop rock flavors to create your own unique bark.