I’ve had hot chocolate in many ways, but I just couldn’t wait to give it a try in cookie form. This take on a holiday classic is just amazing.
Hot chocolate marshmallow cookies are made with a chewy chocolate cookie that has a melted chocolate center topped with a few ooey gooey mini marshmallows.
Who doesn’t love chocolate? This recipe is perfect for chocolate fans of all types and fails to disappoint. When looking for a perfect cookie recipe to share with friends during the holidays, look no further. You have found a great balance of chocolate and marshmallows in a small cookie.
I love eating these right out of the oven or nuked in the microwave for 10 seconds. Grab a glass of milk and sit by the fireside to enjoy your favorite Christmas shows with this awesome cookie.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cut in 8 pieces)
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz bar dark chocolate (cut in 36 mini squares)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir with scrapper. Return and heat in microwave until melted, stirring every 15 seconds. Set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chocolate mixture and sugar. Add eggs and extract. Mix on medium until well combined.
- Mix dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture in thirds until just incorporated.
- With a medium 1-2 inch cookie scoop, scoop out cookie mounds. Once desired amount of cookie mounds are scooped, place cookie mounds onto cookie sheet about 2-3 inches apart.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from freezer and, using 2 fingers, slightly press down each mound and place in oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Slightly press down a piece of the chocolate bar into each cookie and top with 3-4 mini marshmallows. Return to oven and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Once cookies are complete, remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling racks to finish cooling.
- Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds and enjoy hot chocolate each and every time.