I love Oreos… but only in other desserts like ice cream, cakes, cake pops, or these delicious cookies. Once I saw the mint flavored Oreos on the shelf, I had to make something with them. I mean, it’s the holidays, right? I managed to get through all of December without baking anything with peppermint in it so I figured these would be a great compromise.
I knew they were going to turn out good, but I had no idea they would be so yummy! I made sure not to crush the Oreos too much so that the cookie itself would remain a light color. I used a gallon zip lock bag with half a package of Oreos and went to town with a sauce pot. I guess I could’ve used a food processor or a blender, but, like I said, I wanted them to be pretty large.
They turned out PERFECT! You must try this recipe with any flavored Oreos and tell me how it goes for you.
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 mint Oreos (coarsely crushed)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture in thirds until just incorporated. Stir in Oreos and chocolate chips.
- With a medium 1-2 inch cookie scoop, scoop out cookie mounds. Once desired amount of cookie mounds are scooped, roll each mound into a ball. Place cookie balls onto cookie sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Using 2 fingers, slightly press down each ball and place in oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cookies are complete, remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling racks to finish cooling.