What better way to begin cookie week than with this delicious, chewy cookie. The peanut butter cookie is one of the most popular cookies ever! They are usually crunchy but this chewy peanut butter cookie will just melt in your mouth. This is one of the best cookie recipes I have ever tried.
I normally don’t care for peanuts but after tasting this cookie, I was hooked, and so was my family. Just in time for the holiday’s this is the perfect cookie recipe to bring to parties and exchange with others. Not only is this cookie delicious, it’s easy and almost fool proof.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light/golden brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup peanut butter (I prefer jiffy)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- additional sugar for rolling cookie balls (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture in thirds until just incorporated.
- With a medium 1-2 inch cookie scoop, scoop out cookie mounds. Once desired amount of cookie mounds are scooped, roll each mound into a ball and then roll the entire ball in white sugar.
- Place cookie balls onto cookie sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Using 2 fingers, slightly press down each ball and place in oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cookies are complete, remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling racks to finish cooling.