One of the many ingredients I have grown to love is coconut. Not very long ago, I didn’t really care for coconut unless it was in a select few of dishes but now I find myself reaching for any and everything with coconut.
Coconut milk, sweetened coconut flakes, coconut oil, you name it.
It’s not a bad thing by any means. In fact, I find my new love for coconut quite convenient since our move to Hawaii. There’s surely no shortage here.
Here are a few tips and tricks to toasting coconut. Use the one that works best for you and try it on this amazing Coconut Cake.
- shredded coconut
- baking pan or skillet
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On the baking sheet, spread coconut until there is a thin layer of coconut.
- Bake on top shelf for about 5-10 minutes making sure to turn coconut at least once to prevent coconut from burning.
- Once golden brown, remove from oven & let cool.
- -Over medium heat, cook desired amount of coconut in skillet for about 5-7 minutes.
- -Frequently stir to ensure even toast. Remove from skillet once done & let cool.
- Sweetened coconut toasts faster.
- Can be stored in mason jar or air tight container for about a month.
- Great for desserts!