If I had to pick a favorite chocolate candy, the Turtle pecan clusters would have to be in the top, if not number one. I love pecans in anything and everything they find their way in to.
It can be savory or sweet but nothing compares to the pairing of chocolate, caramel, and pecans. These bars are the perfect combination of the three.
Although a bit messy, these turtle bars are great when warmed up and eaten with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup cinnamon graham crackers (crushed)
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 11oz bag Kraft Caramel Bits
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking pan or dish.
- In a blender or food processor, grind graham crackers until they are crushed. In a medium bowl mix together crackers and butter until there are no loose crumbs. Press cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan or dish.
- Pour about 3/4 of the condensed milk evenly over the crust. Layer the toppings: 2 cups chocolate morsels, 1 cup pecans, caramel bits, 1 cup chocolate morsels, & 1 cup pecans. Drizzle the rest of the milk over the toppings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven when done and let cool.
- For more caramel flavor, use the Eagle Brand caramel condensed milk.
- For more chocolate flavor, use the Eagle Brand chocolate condensed milk.